Here in Australia, we look forward to summer with a romantic longing – beach walks, beer in the sun, picnics. What we don’t remember is that when we get a heatwave, all hell breaks loose and we start dreaming of the time before we lived in hell. Fritz looks at the reactions you definitely had when it’s 40 degrees plus in the shade.
1. “‘You’re going to walk to work in this heat!? Do you need anything?”
2. When you open the front door
3. Five minutes after leaving the house.
4. Change your mind, and decide to drive… into the rising devil sun.
5. When the guy at OTR asks how you’re doing.
6. When you find out we have at least five days of this hell.
7. When someone says “Hot isn’t it?”
8. When you get swampcrack after an hour.
9. When someone in the office offers you a Zooper Dooper.
10. When you forget your lunch and have to brave the elements.
11.Finally finishing work and opening your car door.
12. When you see people jogging.
13. When you finally get home and switch on the air con.
14. When you’re neighbour asks if you want a swim in their pool.
15. When your house is finally cool enough to relax in and the power goes off.
16. Working out how many blackouts we’ve had in the last year.
17. Trying to get to sleep when it’s still 31°C at 1am.
Can you relate? Let us know in the comments, below.