Once again, Adelaide was graced with a wild summer storm that’s left thousands of homes without power. Sadly, it’s a natural phenomenon that Adelaideans are becoming accustomed to, but that doesn’t mean they won’t bloody complain about it.
Consider yourselves lucky if your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds weren’t filled with hundreds of posts like these.
1. “Throwback to this morning when it was 39º and I could prance around in my bikinis at the beach.”
2. “Just a couple of photos I captured of this angry storm by zooming in as far as I could on my iPhone.”
3. “No power until 9pm TOMORROW? What a f*@#ing joke!”
4. “City of Churches… More like City of Absolutely No Power.”
5. “SA Power Networks, did you know I hate you?”
We admit, the lack of reliable power in the past few months has been absolutely crap, but sometimes there is nothing that can be done other than lighting a few dozen candles and finding ways to survive an Adelaide blackout.
Read our Survivalists Guide To The Apocolypse for tips to get you through the next one.
On a serious note, the team at Fritz wish to thank the staff and volunteers who have been working tirelessly through the night to get power back on where they can and attend emergencies. You guys rock!