School holidays are in full swing, so grab the little ones and mosey over to Palace Nova Prospect. The film folk have your school holidays sorted with kid-friendly films and a bunch of free daily activities to captivate and delight their holiday brains.
We know what you’re thinking—will I need to re-mortgage the house for some tickets and a few choc-tops? With tickets for adults and kids at just $13 a pop ($14 online), and great deals on popcorn and drinks, you can have a great day out without breaking the piggy bank.
New kid on the block Palace Nova Prospect opened late last year. With a freshly built, art deco-inspired digs, this is one smart lookin’ cinema (here’s lookin’ at you, kid). The new premises are the perfect place for a holiday fun-fest with plenty of room for games, competitions, and a silent disco that’ll get everyone grooving (big kids included).
So what’s all the holiday hype?
Join the gang from Brain Hackr weekdays from 10am to 12pm for games, competitions and puzzles galore. Keep the little ones busy before your movie with brain-teasers and board games, or challenge them to a round of Battle Sheep or Rhino Hero. Their space is just up the road, too, so you can take a gander afterwards if they’re hankering for more.
If the kids are bursting with beans, boogie over to The Not So Silent- Silent Disco and get their butts moving to burn-off that holiday boredom. Dance fever will take over from 11am to 1pm weekdays, 10am to 12pm weekdays.
When their party feet get tired, little ones can put their crafty hands to work with activities and colouring-in competitions hosted by the Palace Nova team.
Kid-friendly flicks showing at Palace Nova Prospect these school holidays include:
- Peter Rabbit – the famous bunny jumps from books to the big screen.
- Early Man – the prehistoric tale of caveman Dug and his sidekick Hognob, battling against the mighty Bronze Age.
- A Wrinkle in Time – screen queens Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon and Oprah Winfrey unite for the time travel fantasy (grown-ups won’t want to miss this either).
- Sherlock Gnomes – when Gnomeo and Juliet return home from London to find that everyone in their garden is missing, there’s only one gnome to call SHERLOCK GNOMES.
- Isle Of Dogs – Wes Anderson returns happily to animation with a Japanophilic canine adventure that is richly imagined, witty and barking mad.
Feeling hungry after all the fun?
Big kids can tuck into a cheese platter with a glass of vino at the licensed bar, or stick to the old faithful popcorn and drink combo at the candy bar (grab your sneaky voucher here).
With plenty of fun for the family, Palace Nova Prospect should be at the top of your school holiday hit-list. Make like Peter and hop to it.
Palace Nova Prospect School Holiday Kids Program, 16 to 29 April, 10am to 1pm weekdays, 10am to 12pm weekends. 98 Prospect Road, Prospect. Tickets $13 for adults and kids, FREE activities, competitions and games. Keep your eye on the Facebook page for competitions and updates.
Have you seen any of these movies with your kids? Let us know what’s your favourite?